Saturday, October 31, 2009

Anitbiotics fro diverticulitis making me nauseated?

im on cipro and a sulpha drug for diverticulitis. and its making me so nauseated!! i have skipped a dose just to get relief. ive been on it for 6 days and im supposed to take it 10 days. i have been taking it with food,
i am so miserable. and wont be able to reach the dr till tomorrow, will he change to a different antibitoic or is cipro/sulpha the only treatment? if you have had this experience please help
Answer:
You could be allergic to one of the meds that you are taking. I am allergic to sulpha drugs. Check with your doctor because you don't need to keep taking meds when they make you feel this bad. Hope you are better soon.
Ask for something to help with the nausea. I believe they are called anti-emetic.
I have been on six different inter-venous anti-biotic and on my second round of oral antibiotics using Cipro now and metronazole makes me nauseated also, I always eat before. If this treatment doesn't work for me I have to have surgery they already had me scheduled for surgery asked to try anti-biotic therapy first so far working some what waiting for my third cat scan. I am absolutely miserable also, weak, in pain having side effects from meds, and have three other health issues I am also dealing with They have had me on so many different antibiotics I can't remember all the names, the surgeon and my Internal Med Doctor referred me to immunologist he is handling my meds, some the pharmacy couldn't even fill had to send away for so you probably have other Med options but right now I am on the same meds they seem to work supposed to be pretty good just side effects . Good luck get well soon
The microbes that are in your body have toxins in them, so when you take an antibiotic, you kill the microbe causing the toxins to enter your blood stream. This will cause your symptoms to get worse, but after the full 10 days, you will feel a lot better. You made a big mistake by skipping a day. The bacteria can now replicate and change, not good. Continue with the antibiotics I guess.
if it is a tablet cut it into 4 parts and take 1 in he morning with food, 1 at lunch, 1 a dinner and 1 b4 u go to bed w/food. if it is a capsule open it and mix 1/2 of it in some applesauce or whatever else u might want to mix it with and do the other 1/2 later in th day. splitting up the dose gives u smaller amounts and makes it less likely that u will feel bad from it and at the same time u still get it all. and as far as ur dr changing what u r on after 6 days, not likely because u r so close to being finished with them and to start something new would mean to have to take whole new round of them. hope u feel better soon
Drugs are poison---just take an overdose and you'll agree. Does he give you the antibiotics because you have an infection? You need to regenerate your bowels by creating life down there with quality probiotics, natural antifungals and more raw foods and cultured foods. See if eating less sugars decreases symptoms.
ask for some phnergan for your stomach. it will make you sleepy but it does wonders for upset stomachs. under no circumstances should you split or cut your pills up. cipro has a distinct half life and to fight an infection, you need a certain therapuetic blood level. it might make you feel better to half them but you're not getting enough into your system to do anything except make the infection resistant. pills come in capusules and tablet form for a reason. and your dr prescribes them in that strength on a specific schedule for a reason. part of the reason for your upset stomach is that cipro is a very strong drug that kills stomach and intestinal flora which is part of what keeps things running right. chances are that you will might get a case of the runs from cipro and if you do, eat yogurt or ask for a prescription for flora-q. what ever you do, don't skip does or cut back unless you develop a rash or hives and a high fever.. you'll only make your problem worse by strengthening the resistance to the antibiotics. you can go online to davisdrugguide.com and read about your drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net