Sunday, October 25, 2009

Am taking Azathioprine (Imuran)?

I am on 150mgs a day,and they make me so sick :o(
Doc says to take them with food to lessen the sickness,but that doesn't particularly help.Does anyone please have any advice?
Thanks.
Answer:
I take 6-Mercaptopurine; the liver metabolizes Azathioprine into 6-Mercaptopurine, so we're essentially on the same drug. I know exactly the sickness you're talking about.For me, it took 2 or 3 weeks for that side effect to go away. If you've been on it less than a month, there's still a good chance it will go away on its own. In the meantime you can talk to your doctor about an anti-nausea medication to ease the symptoms; that's what I did.If you've been on it for a long time, you may want to talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of this particular medication. Azathioprine is prescribed for a few different conditions and I don't know which applies to you, but there are other medications you may be able to try.
are you like manicdepressant or something? because i believe people like you should be institutionalized.
talk to your doc there may be some other anti rejection drug you can try or possibly there could be ssomething he could prescribe to help with the nausea
i was on that same tablet about a yr ago, i have a skin condition which has my immune system going crazy, so i had too take that tablet too slow my immune system down, but it didn't work, anyway i found taking the tablet with a glass of milk then straight after have either another glass of milk or something too eat, i kept on getting a sick feeling when i was taking them so this helped me. i hope it helps you, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net