Sunday, October 25, 2009

Am i becoming diabetic?

had gestational diabetes with pregnancy. been 3 months since birth and my sugars are around 6.8-7.2 when fasting. 3 hrs after meals they are around 7.7-9.1. does this mean im developing it again? im only 26 and thought i was too young for type 2.
Answer:
Sorry, no one's too young, esp after gestational diabetes, n it could also be type 1 - sorry I know that's not what you wanna hear xx You're best to get yourself to a diabetes consultant asap (can you phone someone you know from when you had it before?) n ask if there's anything they can recomend to stop it. I'd also go n try alternatives like vitamin e, amla, cinnamon etc. - I dunno if they'll work or not n I wouldn't spend a lot of money or get your hopes up but if I had known about them when I was in my honeymoon period (type 1 - while your pancreas still works a bit) - I'd've tried them cos I've heard of people who've at least delayed starting on inuslin for a year or so. Please remember to always tell all drs you're seeing before starting any medicine (cos lots of medicines come from 'herbs' they can interact or even make you overdose to take both so ya need to check!), n never replace prescription medicine with 'alternatives' without spkin to a dr!Basically I think that if you're going to get it you won't be able to prevent it. Remember this isn't your fault - it's not cos you've been 'bad' n eaten too much sweets or nothing like that! The good thing is that you know about it early, and you already know a bit about it n that you can live normally with it (I know it's prob scarier when it's forever, but honestly it's not that bad), so you'll be a step ahead of most when it comes to complications etc.Sorry I know this isn't what ya wanna hear. Hope some of it helps anyway. Good luck xxx
no but your becoming a pain in the a r s e
You need to see your doc, but you are not too young for type 2, even kids can get this.
Your numbers are not that high really so nothing to panic about. Just go to the doc when u have time and tell him your concerns.
Those numbers don't really relate to diabetes. With diabetes the numbers would be between 80 and 120.As to type 2 age isn't that relevant, if you are overweight you could develope type 2 at any age.
if you have any concerns with heath problems you should see your doctor, thats why their there.
younger people are getting type 2 diabetes. If you got it during pregnancy it means you have the gene responsible for it and it will come back
There are some tests you can buy in boots which check your glucose level. (they are different too a regular BM test i believe). That would be the easiest way to determine if your blood levels are something to worry about. I think that 9.1 is fairly high for someone that is not diabetic. I have tested people with my BM machine before and i have never had anything as high as that as a 9.1 reading(usually round about 5.5-7.5).Do you have other symptoms of diabetes, such as thirst, a dry mouth, weeing a lot and tiredness?If your really worried, make an appointment with your doctor. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net