Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any new treatment for thyroid cancer?

What is a Hurthle cell carcinoma? Is thyroidectomy the only option? Would alternative medicine bring any relief, such as acupuncture/herbs?
Answer:
This web site tells about Hurthle cell carcinoma, it is rare and not always malignant. But seems to be more serious than the most common form of thyroid cancer.http://ww3.komotv.com/global/story.asp?s...I had thyroid cancer, the most common type papilary. It spread to a lymph node, and I actually 2 malignant growths in my thyroid. They did a full thyroidectomy and removed the lymph node.I would not mess with alternative medicine if this is malignant. It could spread to other parts of your body. I think your options are full or partial thyroidectomy, and this needs to be decided with your doctor. There is a chance they could remove just part of your thyroid, this increases the risk that the cancer could come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net