Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any female ever have a ovarian tumor?

ok so im 20 yrs old, and i had un ultra sound 2 days ago because my side was hurting and my dr wanted to make sure everything was ok. turns out i have a tumor inside my ovary. has anyone ever had a tumor in their ovary? my family has a history of cancer...almost everyone has had it. i'm the youngest of the family and i'm scared. I have PCOS which does give me a higher % rate at gettin ovarian cancer, and like i said my mom, dad, sister, grandparents have had cancer. one of my friends just passed away from cancer in dec. and i'm more scared than ever. can someone please tell me if they've ever had a tumor in their ovaries and what happened. thank you.
Answer:
First before you let the doctor that told you this do anything get a second opinion. I had polycystic ovarian disease when I was you age. Unfortunately that was over 16 years ago and the doctor said that it was a tumor. At 20 years old they did a radical hysterectomy. I was as scared as you are and didnt ask questions. Mistake one. I believed what the doctor told me without questioning anything he said Mistake 2. At 20 years old I was now facing menopause and no chance of ever concieving a child of my own. About 7 years after the surgery I finally went to a different doctor. This doctor read all of my history looked at the slides and gave me the devastating news that the hysterectomy was uncalled for. So Please I beg of you to seek a different opinion. If the second opinion comes back as the first you then have to consider your options. If it is in fact cancer and it was caught early enough there are different procedures that can be done. They can do an oophectomy which is the removal of half of your ovary. The could choose to take the whole ovary. Or if you wanted they could perform a hysterectomy. Once the doctor gives you your options. research them. Find out everything that you can. Make notes in a note book of questions you have. This way when you go in for a checkup you can read the questions instead of trying to think what the questions were. Make sure someone goes with you to all doctor visits and is in the room with you at all times. 4 ears are better than 2 espically when we are upset. Good Luck to you. I hope everything turns out ok. you can email me if you like at tnthauler@yahoo.com Debbie D %26 G Gifts Etc
yes i had 3 on my ovary was caught in time over 12 yrs ago now... inside the ovary ialso know its possible to bust rupture or also have aform of endometriosis check out many cancer sites for more information alos ur dr

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net