Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any gastro Dr.'s out there? Is rectal bleeding a sign of something serious?

Well I am 22 years old and have been having rectal bleeding since the age of 15. Over the years it has gradually gotten worse. I have seen 2 doctors and one said an anal fissure the other hemroids. I have followed there threatment regimens and nothing helps! I am terrified to have a bowel movement because it brings unbareable pain to the point I feel I could passout at times. The bleeding has gotten heavier and heavier, the water in the toilet will be dark red and have no visibility to it (if that makes sense its hard to put into words), when i wipe at times there will be clumps of bright red blood and I will continue to bleed for 10 minutes or so following bowel movements. I guess what I am wanting to know is if I should be concerned, could this be serious, and what it could possibly be other than hemroids or a fissure? If it is hemroids or a fissure then why wont it go away? HELP!!
Answer:
It could be a lot of things, many of them serious. See a doctor.
get another opinion, and ask doctors not the yahoo's here
maybe you need to see another doctor.Rectal cancer intestinal cancer or perhaps a blood vessel .You dont want to be constipated in this condition. a hemoroid is like a ruptured blood vessel. out of shape.unbearable pain you should not have.go back to the doctor get a upper and lower GI sounds really bad.I have a bleeding hemoroid I dont have pain like you,and I dont usually bleed and not as bad as you describebut hemoroids can be removedget it checked. your not supposed to bleed.
If the blood is bright red color, it probably comes from a hemorrhoid. If you have any serious problems with your colon, the color of the blood would be dark brown and kind of sticky.
See your doctor, there are many ways to take care of a hemorrhoid problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net