Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any luck with ear candles?

Very plugged up ear, no pain, just annoying.
Answer:
Okay, here's the deal. Earwax removal kits are approved by the FDA and are therefore deemed "safe" by all the top scientists in the field. Ear candles have NEVER been approved by the FDA, and you know what else? They have been shown to actually drop so much hot wax into your ear that they rupture your ear drum! If the product is not approved by the FDA and you buy it and use it, you are essentially one of the first "test subjects" for the product. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like becoming a deaf guinea pig today.
I have used them and they did help me. Do it in front of a mirror so you can keep the flame away from your hair.
i have bought them for my husband and they really do work. Make sure you either do it in front of a mirror so that you keep the flame away from your hair or have someone help you. My hubby and I were actually talking about ear candles last night. We are going to go buy some this weekend. Good luck and I hope they help you. IF they do not help go to the store and buy an ear wax removal kit, I have used those as well, they take longer, but they work. Just follow the directions.
Interesting question! Here's what Dr. Douglas Hoffman has to say on this topic: Ear candles have to be one of the stupidest inventions in the history of ear wax. The unlit end of the candle is placed in the ear canal (so the ear functions as a candleholder). The opposite end is lit. This is supposed to create a mild vacuum at the opposite end, "gently" suctioning wax from the canal. Needless to say, the world just doesn't work that way.Read more here:
http://health.ivillage.com/ent/ear/0,,6c...Feel better soon :)
For earwax buildup, I use vinegar. Works like a charm

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net