Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Any ideas about strange dime sized spots on my skin since I began allergy shots.?

I moved to the Ohio valley about eight months ago. I immediately began suffering severe allergies and had to start shots and a slew of medications. Perhaps it is unrelated, but I started getting flat, shiny and perfectly round spots near the injection sites. They are only slightly raised and look like bruises. At first I was terrified that I had ringworm, but it never developed the distinctive ring. The allergist thinks it may be excema, but it usually does not itch. Today I saw one on my thigh, near my knee. Eventually the others faded. I actually have been working so much that I didn't have time to schedule with a dermatologist. Now, I am out of work for the summer, so I plan to, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas in the meantime. Thanks.
Answer:
sounds like excema. it looks really similar to ringworm. its just dry flaky skin. with all of your allergies and your new shots and you moving to another place with a different climate its totally possible that your skin is irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net